Please see below for the updated guidelines for applying for conference subventions from BARS.
British Association for Romantic Studies (BARS) Conference Subventions
BARS provides up to £100 to support conferences that promote Romantic studies. We are also keen to support initiatives that help to advance the career prospects of postgraduates and early-career scholars, and which have a public engagement outlook.
Who is eligible?
The applicant must be a member of BARS; if this is not the case, membership is available on the BARS website: http://www.bars.ac.uk/join/barsjoin.php?menu=8.
How do I apply?
Please send us:
- A statement of no more than 300 words describing how the conference contributes to Romantic-period studies.
- The draft call for papers (no more than 500 words).
- An outline budget, detailing the amount requested and the use to which it would be put.
Send the information to the BARS Secretary, Helen Stark (email@example.com).
What is the closing date?
There is no closing date. We take applications throughout the year.
What are the conditions?
We require that you:
- Acknowledge BARS’ support on all promotional material (e.g. website and programme), including the BARS logo which will be supplied.
- Provide a brief conference report for the BARS Blog within six weeks of the conference taking place.
- Claim all money awarded by December 1st in the year that the money is awarded.
How will I know whether I have been successful?
The Secretary will notify you by email with the outcome of your application, normally within two weeks. If your application is successful you will be issued with a cheque by the Treasurer.