Please see the following notice below from the Keats-Shelley Association of America (K-SAA).
The K-SAA is inviting applications for two part-time Communications Fellows for a period of one year, beginning June 2018. Fellows will assist the Director of Communications and the K-SAA Secretary in engaging with, and creating content for, academic and non-academic communities interested in the Romantic period – especially those interested in the second generation of Romantic authors.
Applicants should have an interest in Romantic literature and should have previously used social media for academic/professional purposes. They will be able to demonstrate their ability to write and edit academic blog content similar to what is currently presented on the K-SAA site. Experience using WordPress and editing websites is desirable.
To apply: please send an academic CV and personal statement of no more than two pages explaining why you are best placed to undertake the duties below to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 5 2018.
- To create engaging and informative online content designed to promote the understanding and celebration of the lives and works of the Keats-Shelley circles, most broadly understood. Fellows will be knowledgeable and passionate about the Romantic period, especially the second generation of Romantic writers
- To set up regular appropriate content for the Twitter and Facebook feeds, applying relevant experience of using social media for professional purposes
- To respond to enquiries on social media
- To use WordPress to publish and edit blog posts for the K-SAA Blog
- To design and curate these blog posts, including soliciting authors from the academic and non-academic communities and other interested parties
- To develop the success of the above initiatives and to research further potential developments, and be willing to work independently and to maintain professional communications at all times
- To attend regular Skype meetings with the Director of Communications Anna Mercer and occasionally the K-SAA Secretary, Kate Singer, and be able to work collaboratively with colleagues to share ideas and modify technique(s) accordingly
- To learn and develop individual knowledge of the K-SAA and to create content that supports the association’s aims
Communication Fellows will be expected to work 5 hours per week for an annual stipend of $750 USD.
Informal enquiries can be directed to Dr. Anna Mercer (email@example.com).