BARS are inviting applications for a BARS Digital Events Fellow to assist with the BARS Online Lecture Series 2020/21. The Fellowship will last for one year, beginning 1 October 2020. The Fellow will assist the BARS Online Lectures Committee on this project.
The role will include general administrative duties and will be designed to be a position that functions alongside other academic commitments such as completing a research project and/or teaching. Previous involvement in online events/conferences is desirable. This position is paid an honorarium of £500 and is open to all postgraduate students and early career researchers working in Romantic Studies.
To apply: please send an academic CV and personal statement (no more than 1 page) explaining why you are best placed to undertake the duties below to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 September 2020. Informal enquiries can be directed to Anna Mercer email@example.com
- General administrative activities e.g. corresponding with speakers/attendees on email
- Managing the Eventbrite account and website
- Organising social media posts and promoting the events online
- Assisting with the running of Zoom online events
- Attending bi-monthly meetings with the BARS Online Lectures Committee
- Attending all BARS Online Lectures events
- Suggesting ideas for future events and working with the BARS Online Lectures Committee to select speakers and topics
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview during the week commencing 21 September 2020.