By Anna Mercer
BARS are inviting applications for a BARS Digital Events Fellow to assist with the BARS Online Lecture Series 2020/21. The Fellowship will last for one year, beginning 1 October 2020. The Fellow will assist the BARS Online Lectures Committee on this project.
The role will include general administrative duties and will be designed to be a position that functions alongside other academic commitments such as completing a research project and/or teaching. Previous involvement in online events/conferences is desirable. This position is paid an honorarium of £500 and is open to all postgraduate students and early career researchers working in Romantic Studies.
To apply: please send an academic CV and personal statement (no more than 1 page) explaining why you are best placed to undertake the duties below to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 September 2020. Informal enquiries can be directed to Anna Mercer email@example.com
- General administrative activities e.g. corresponding with speakers/attendees on email
- Managing the Eventbrite account and website
- Organising social media posts and promoting the events online
- Assisting with the running of Zoom online events
- Attending bi-monthly meetings with the BARS Online Lectures Committee
- Attending all BARS Online Lectures events
- Suggesting ideas for future events and working with the BARS Online Lectures Committee to …read more