The Early Career and Postgraduate Conference
The BARS Early Career and Postgraduate Conference is currently held biennially in even-numbered years. It provides a friendly forum in which researchers can present their own work, learn about professional practices and socialise and connect with their contemporaries. It is organised by the Early Career and Postgraduate representatives on the BARS Executive.
A list of past EC&PG conferences is below; the live links connect to the programmes where these have been archived.
- Romantic Exchanges (University of Glasgow, 2018)
- Romantic Voices (University of Oxford, 2016)
- Romantic Locations (Wordsworth Trust, 2014)
- Romantic Connections: Networks of Influence, c.1760-1835 (Newcastle University, 2012)
- Romantic Identities: Selves in Society, 1770-1835 (Institute of English Studies, Senate House, London, 2011)
- Romantic Biographies: Writing Lives and Afterlives, c.1770-1835 (Keele University, 2009)
- Romanticism and Heroism (University of Leeds, 2007)
- Romantic Textuality (University of York, 2004)
- Romantic Performances (University of York, 2002)
- BARS Postgraduate Conference (Newcastle University, 2001)
- Silence and Romanticism (University of Durham, 1999)
- Spectres of Romanticism (University of Liverpool, 1998)