By Anna Mercer
The British Association for Romantic Studies (BARS) Digital Events Team are delighted to announce that we will continue this online series of roundtables and papers for the next academic year.
The 9 events presented so far have been a great success. The average number of people who register for each event is 170, the average number of YouTube views on each recording is 151.
The Digital Events committee invites proposals from scholars of the Romantic period to present a curated roundtable session as part of the 2021-22 BARS Digital Events series on topics including (but not limited to) the following:
- Ecocritical and environmental studies
- Romanticism and disability studies
- Bicentenary celebrations and discussions
- Romanticism and pedagogy
- Romanticism and gender studies
- Digital Romanticism and online collections and resources
- Special editions and editing
- Romanticism and race
- Author studies
- Romanticism and the gothic
- Romanticism in the 21st century
- Romanticism and mobility
- The relationship between academia, heritage sites, museums, and libraries.
Interdisciplinary panels are welcomed. All events must include at least one PG/ECR speaker.
We recognise that this application process favours scholars applying as a team or group. If you would like to participate but are unsure of how to reach out to scholars working on a similar topic in our field, please get in touch with the …read more