All scholars working on Romantic-Period women’s writing are invited to apply for the 2018 BARS Chawton House Travel Bursary. The BARS Executive Committee has established this award in order to help fund expenses incurred through travel to, and accommodation near, Chawton House Library in Hampshire, up to a maximum of £500.
The names of recipients will be announced on the BARS and Chawton House Library websites and social media. Successful applicants will be asked to submit a short report to the BARS Executive Committee and Chawton House Library Trustees within four weeks of the completion of the research trip and to acknowledge BARS and Chawton House Library in resulting publications. Successful applicants must be members of BARS before taking up the award: see How to Join.
Please send the following information in support of your application (up to two pages of A4 maximum in word.doc format):
- Your full name and institutional affiliation (if any).
- The working title and a short abstract or summary of your current project.
- Brief description of the research to be undertaken at Chawton House Library.
- Estimated costing of proposed research trip.
- Estimated travel dates.
- Name of one referee (with email address) to whom application can be made for a supporting …read more