Postgraduates working in the area of Romantic Studies are invited to apply for a Stephen Copley Postgraduate Research Award. The BARS Executive Committee has established the awards in order to support postgraduate research. They are intended to help fund expenses incurred through travel to libraries and archives necessary to the student’s research, up to a maximum of £300. Applications for the awards are competitive, and cannot be made retrospectively. Applicants must be members of BARS (to join please visit our website: www.bars.ac.uk).
The names of recipients will be announced on the BARS website, and successful applicants will be asked to submit a short report to the BARS Executive Committee and to acknowledge BARS in their doctoral thesis and/or any publication arising from the research trip. Previous winners or applicants are more than welcome to apply.
Please send the following information in support of your application (2-3 pages of A4 in word.doc format):
1. Your full name and institutional affiliation.
2. The working title and a short abstract or summary of your PhD project.
3. Details of the research to be undertaken for which you need support, and its relation to your PhD project.
4. Detailed costing of proposed research trip.
5. Details of current or recent funding (AHRC award, &c), if applicable.
6. Details of any other financial support for which you have
applied/will apply in support of the trip.
7. Name of one supervisor/referee (with email address) to whom
application can be made for a supporting reference on your behalf.
8. Name and contact details of whomever updates your departmental
website or social media, if known.
9. Your Twitter handle, if applicable.
Applications and questions should be directed to the bursaries officer, Dr Daniel Cook (firstname.lastname@example.org), University of Dundee.
The deadline for applications is 1 May 2015.